The big week is here... I'm sure you are all as excited for graduation as I am!!! We've decided to give you some fun activities to try out over the next few days. There isn't anything suggested for Friday as I'm sure you'll be busy getting set for our ceremony in the evening. You've all done such a brilliant job of staying on top of your schoolwork over the last three months. You should be very proud of yourselves!
Have a great week and I hope you enjoy some of these activities! See you all on Friday!
- Today we are looking after our wellbeing. Have a look at the gratitude scavenger hunt below and why don’t you take part in it and I bet you will feel great after it!
- Be Kind to yourself activity sheet (see below)
- Why not try this guided meditation! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64QzBuhsyuk
- Quiz Day! Test your skills…..Did you know?.......Find out 3 fun facts…..
General knowledge questions for kids - Answer these questions!
- What’s the orange bit in the middle of the egg called?
- What’s the collective name for trees that keep their leaves all year round?
- What football team is currently at the top of the Premier League?
- What is the 10th letter of the alphabet?
- Who is the nation’s PE teacher?
- How many zeros are there in one thousand?
- Who wrote the Harry Potter books?
- Who is the Prime Minister of Britain?
- What is closer to earth, the moon or the sun?
- Which travels faster, light or sound?
- Who is the fastest 100m runner in the world ever?
- What’s the name of Anna and Elsa’s kingdom in Frozen?
- How many wives did Henry VIII have?
- What’s the name of the cowboy in Toy Story?
- Who wrote the Gruffalo, Room on the Broom and Tiddler?
- What type of fish is Nemo?
- What is the chemical formula for water?
- How many planets are in our solar system?
- Who was behind the Gunpowder Plot on the Houses of Parliament in 1605 - remembered every year on Bonfire Night?
- How many players are in a Gaelic football team?
- Try the Disney Movie Emoji Quiz.... (see picture at end of week's work)
Answers will be posted next week!
- Sports Day!
- We have had so much fun creating a Sports Day that you can complete at home!
Everyone who takes part will receive an electronic certificate via email. Please email us to let us know how many games you completed or send some pictures to let us know how you get on! If you send some pictures you get your certificate!
- We also have a special competition for obstacle courses. Whoever designs the most creative obstacle course will receive a special certificate and a photo of their winning obstacle course will be uploaded onto the School Blog for everyone to see.
- We’d love to see your photos of your Covid 19 Sports Day, so make sure you send them in! Remember, there needs to be more than one person in the photo, so we can upload to the blog.
- Create a playlist if you like for Sports Day background music or access a ready made album at https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7t02bxdFRuJHD8xSGyF8tD?si=FHOcL62uRS6JQw8I_By1lg
- Further Explanation of Some of the Games for Sports Day
Rock Paper Scissors
Child faces opposite a partner about a metre apart. Play the traditional game Rock, Paper Scissors. Winning person chases partner towards safety line behind them.
Example of Game:
Harder Activity: Make the Face
Kick to Score
Stick Target Areas at various heights on a wall. You could place numbers on the targets so that they could get a score for whichever target they hit. Play ‘Beat my Score’/Beat Mam/Dad’s Score’!
Harder Activity: Rebound
Create a bowling lane about 5m in length. Place skittle/empty bottles at the end of the lane. Each bowler has three balls to bowl over as many skittles as possible.
Example of Game:
Easier Activity: Throw a tennis ball at the wall and count how many times you can catch it in 30 seconds.
Any skipping rope activities, rhymes or games. Your child might skip using a rope, while saying a rhyme. If no rope is available, she might like to try the game below.
Jack be Nimble:
Obstacle Course Example
Can involve static balance or controlling the body while moving!! Why not create an obstacle course that includes some balances, rolls, high and low movement. Could you include the element of water if the obstacle course takes place outside?
Be as inventive as you like!
Friday: Graduation!! Looking forward to seeing you all at 7pm!